Saturday, January 31, 2015

life with z.. so far :)

A few hours after Zander was born we had my mom bring Emery to meet him at the birthing center. She was SO dang cute with him! She loved on him immediately and handled things very well. 

Its now been a week and Emery is still doing so great with him. She is so helpful and loves him so much. She has a hard time when people come to visit, which is understandable! She doesnt like people to hold Zander either, she is very protective of her little brother! We've been hermits and have just been inside relaxing for the week. I am starting to go stir crazy though and need to get out! 

Zander has been such a good baby so far. I keep waiting for him to just start giving me a hard time, but so far so good! He has been sleeping great and I sure hope it stays that way! The first two nights were hard, but since then he has been only waking up once in the night. His stinky cord FINALLY fell off. And now he doesnt smell like a fish anymore. :)

Recovery has been good for me too. It's a lot easier when you don't tear I've noticed. I just now need to get my jelly belly under control! Its true when they say its harder to lose after your second kid... dang it! 

We are all SO in love with this little guy! In the post I wrote to Emery I was so worried about this big change but she seems to be handling things pretty well. Shes been more clingy and throwing more tantrums but its a huge adjustment for all of us! Caleb has been home all week so he has been such a big help! I'm nervous to see how things will go once he goes back to work. Caleb and Emery have spent so much time together i know it'll be hard on her too! I love being a family of four though. Caleb and I are learning to juggle things and kids. They seem to gang up on us at the same time. For instance, the other night Emery woke up at 1 crying for daddy, which woke me up too and it's hard for me to fall back to sleep, then Zander woke up at 2:30 so I was with him, then they both decided to wake up at 7 am for the day. Ahhh! Emery usually sleeps in til 8 or 9. But I love these kids of mine. Still can't believe I have TWO! I never thought that I could love anyone as much as I love Emery, but I was SO wrong. I love Zander just as much as I love Emery and my love for them is unconditional!

:)
Emery's first time holding baby Zander

This moment melted my heart when they met. She was so sweet with him.

My mommy meeting Z
Our first family picture! Please dont mind me. At this point I had been awake for almost 36 hours.. But I love these three!

Newborn Zander

Add caption

Enjoying some sunshine




Cutest sister.

My little big man and his stinky cord.

I loved these little jammies. He only got to wear them once though. He is so long!

BABY FEET. my favorite.

Emery loves his little piggies too

My loves :)

I love being his momma

First sleep smile I was able to capture!

Cutest sad scrunch face..

And a little frown. Its too cute though!

She always asks to hold him. And it melts me every time

Kisses for brother

My handsome boys!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness these pictures are so cute! That first one with Emery holding Zander and just beaming up at the camera is too precious for words. I am so excited for you and your sweet little family. :) (and you look beautiful in your pictures after just having him, even for being so tired!)

    ReplyDelete