Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Day

Christmas day is usually SUCH a busy day for us.
Our normal schedule would be; wake up and do our own little christmas, go to Calebs parents house, see my mom, drive to my grandmas by noon or one, go to my dad's after, then head home and be done for the day. 
This year Caleb didn't want to rush everything, especially with Emery now. So we decided to just take it easy and relax more. Which I have never really done because all growing up it was always go go go on christmas day! So it was all new to me!
We ended up having such a fun christmas though. 
I was SO excited this year for Christmas!  I loved playing "Santa". Caleb and I had a fun time setting things up for Emery. Even though she really had no idea what would go on or what Christmas even is. It was still so magical! I love life with kids!!
Christmas Eve we ended up not getting very much sleep. We went to bed pretty late, then Emerys darn teeth decided to bother her and wake her up at 3ish. She hardly ever wakes up in the night but while teething she has been waking up about once a week or every two weeks screaming in pain :( poor thing!! (As of right now January 8th.. she just has 2 more teeth to cut then hopefully she's done for awhile!! They are coming in right now. Blah teething.)
So of course she would wake up Christmas eve of all nights... after we got her put her back to bed I was starving so I decided to go and eat a bowl of cereal... at like 4 something in the morning. Haha then I finally got back in bed and able to fall asleep around 6. I was planning on sleeping in since I knew Emery probably would, but woke up before 9 and couldn't fall back to sleep. So I just laid in bed waiting for caleb and Emery to wake up so we could get the party started! Caleb woke up a little while later, then we both just waited for emery. Haha she woke up around 10:30 and we turned on the video camera and recorded getting her and taking her into the front room to see what Santa had brought.
She was so cute and just started playing with her cute little toys. We only had time for that before we went upstairs and had a yummy breakfast with my mom, Mike and taylor. After breakfast we went down to open our presents from each other.
It took awhile because Emery wanted to open and play with whatever present she opened. We weren't in a rush though so we would open everything and really just had such a fun time! I love my little family!! I love my life that we are creating with each other. :) 
After we finally finished with our presents we got ready and went to Calebs parents house for the day.
We just hung out there all day and relaxed and enjoyed company and caleb was able to nap.... but tat was the first time that Emery actually skipped a nap. So towards the end of the night she was done. We had a very big fancy dinner but it took all day to cook so we didn't end up eating til after 7. It was super delicious though! But after Emery was ready for bed. We hadn't even opened our presents from them, which we felt bad that we had to rush and didn't really get to enjoy it with them. 
They got Emery a car that you drive, she hasn't figured out how to drive it yet.. but she still loves that thing! She'll climb into it and sit and play or honk the horn. I know once she learns how to drive it she'll be in heaven! Haha

Since we didn't see my dad or grandma on Christmas like we usually do we got together with 
my dad the Sunday after Christmas to celebrate with them, then got together with my grandma a few days later and went to lunch. It was nice having plans after Christmas.  It kept Christmas alive for a little while longer. Haha :)

I will have to add pictures another time, since it won't let me from my phone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment